There are about 100 different versions of this Raw Cacao Ball recipe, but this is mine. I have been making these little treats for a long time and they taste absolutely delicious, are super quick and easy to make and are a great healthy snack to grab on the run (I sometimes even have them for breakfast with my smoothie). They are packed full or energy and superfoods and are a great guilt-free alternative to chocolate if you often get hit with 3pm cravings. As an idea, one of my friends has this recipe and adds a scoop of hemp protein powder to it for a further boost. This recipe can be easily altered to your liking, so don’t hesitate to experiment with different ingredients.
Scrumptious Raw Vegan Cacao Balls
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/3 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural shredded coconut (not the one with added sugar)
- Shredded coconut, pistachios, flaxseed, or anything else you would like to roll the balls in.
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to blender and mix until smooth consistency.
- Add dates and a teaspoon of filtered water and mix again (ensure all dates are blended and there are no chunks).
- Let mixture sit for 15 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size balls.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut, pistachios, anything you like and store in the fridge.
Easy! I hope you enjoy them and if you make some, be sure to let me know how you go!